HogwartsLegacy.exe – System Error The code execution cannot proceed because EMP.dll not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
The EMP.dll not found error may appear on your device if you have corrupt files on your computer, if you are using an outdated driver version, or if the Microsoft Visual C++ distribution files are corrupt or outdated. However, fixing the “emp.dll not found” error is very simple if you follow the solutions below.
How to Fix EMP.dll Not Found Error?
Solution 1: Download Emp.dll & Install it ManuallyYou can try manually downloading the emp.dll file from here and see if everything is OK. To download the emp.dll file from the official site, follow these instructions.
- Open your browser and visit the website to download the emp.dll file directly from your browser.
- Click the “Download” button and download the emp.dll zip file to your system.
- Move the dll file to the next path on your computer.
- C:\Windows\System32 (32 bits)
- C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ (64 bits)
- Then reboot the system and verify that the emp.dll error has been removed.
Solution 2: Verify Game Files’ IntegrityIf the Hogwarts Legacy EMP.dll files on your system are damaged or corrupt, you may receive an error message when you try to access the game. To repair the corrupted files, verify the integrity of the game files by following the instructions below.
- Open the Steam application and go to the LIBRARY menu.
- Then go to the HOME tab and right-click on Hogwarts Legacy.
- Now go to the Properties option.
- Then go to the LOCAL FILES tab and select the Check integrity of game files... option. (Check the integrity of the game files…). (Check the integrity of the game files…)
- Follow the instructions below to complete the check process.
- Restart your computer, play Hogwarts Legacy again and the error code should no longer occur.
Solution 3: Restore EMP.dll in Windows SecuritySometimes the EMP.dll file can be flagged as malicious, which can cause Windows security software to quarantine or delete it. However, you can easily restore the required emp.dll file by following the instructions below.
- Go to the Windows search menu and type “Windows Security“.
- Then click on the Virus and Threat Protection option.
- Then click on the Protection History option and restore the emp.dll file.
Solution 4: Reinstall The Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable PackageIf you haven’t installed the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package update, it may prevent the game from running. Every Windows application requires updates to the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package in order to run properly. The easiest way to update the package is to reinstall it as described below.
- Press the Windows key and type Apps and Features in the search bar. Then click the Open button.
- Next, type and search for the Microsoft Visual C++ package.
- Immediately click one of the Microsoft Visual C++ packages and click the Uninstall button.
- Continue to follow the instructions for all packages on your computer and proceed with the uninstall.
- Once you have successfully uninstalled the Microsoft Visual C++ package, click the Start button and enter the Command Prompt.
- Select “Run as administrator” to run the command prompt with administrator privileges.
- Then type the following command and press Enter
- DISM.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
- Wait for the DISM scan to complete and restart the Windows computer.
- Now open a browser and visit the official Microsoft website.
- Scroll down and select and download the latest Visual C++ Redistributable files for Visual Studio 2015, 2017, and 2019.
- Wait until all Visual C++ distributions have been successfully downloaded to your computer.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions to install all the packages in the “My Downloads” section.
- Restart the system and the game, and you should not encounter any more errors.
Solution 5: Run SFC/DISM to fix Corrupt System FilesIf the emp.dll file is corrupted or the Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is corrupted, you may get this error when you start the game. To repair damaged Windows system files, run System File Checker (SFC) and Deployment Image Maintenance and Management (DISM). Follow the instructions below.
- Go to the search menu and type cmd.
- Then click Run as administrator to open a command prompt window with administrator privileges.
- In the new window that appears, type the following command and press Enter
- sfc /scannow
- Wait until the message Scan is 100% complete appears and make sure that the code execution cannot continue because the emp.dll error was not found and is now fixed.
- If this error is still displayed, restart your computer, reopen the command prompt as administrator, and then enter and execute the following commands.
- dism.exe /Online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
- dism.exe /Online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup
- dism.exe /Online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Solution 6: Update GPU DriversGraphically demanding games require updated graphics drivers, and if you do not update them, the game will display an error such as “emp.dll not found”. We therefore recommend updating your drivers. To update your graphics drivers, follow the instructions below
- Go to the search menu and type “Device Manager“. Click “Open” to launch it.
- Double-click Graphics Drivers, confirm that your computer’s graphics drivers need updating and save.
- Then go to the manufacturer’s website and download the driver that matches your computer’s specifications.
FAQS “Fix EMP.dll Not Found”Is EMP Dll a Trojan?
EMP.dll is not a trojan or virus. It is a valid Windows system file that may be missing or corrupted and cause the “EMP.dll not found” error. Although malware can cause this error if it deletes the file, EMP.dll itself is not malware.
What Happens if DLL Files Are Missing?
If the required DLL file is missing or corrupted on your system, the program will not work and you will receive the error message “Hogwarts legacy emp dll not found”.
How Can I Fix Hogwarts Legacy Deleted Emp.dll File
Fix Hogwarts Legacy’s deleted EMP.dll error by replacing the file from your Windows install media or a working PC. Malware may have removed it, so run an antivirus scan. With the EMP.dll file restored, Hogwarts Legacy should launch normally again.
In short, it can be frustrating to face the emp.dll not found problem, but there are several steps described in this article. In this blog, I have tried the simplest solutions that work for many PC users and I hope one of them will help you. If you have any questions about this problem, please feel free to contact us via our Facebook page. We wish you the best of luck!